Proterra Light i27 Wheels
Proterra Light i27 are everyday wheels for the everyday trail bike. Your bike that does all deserves a wheel that'll do the same. The 27mm inner rim width strikes a happy medium on the width spectrum and allows it to provide optimal air volume and casing profile on tires in the 2.3-2.5" range. The open-cavity rim profile eliminates weight where it isn't needed while also allowing for a smoother ride. The responsive 6-pawl freehub provides 3.7 degrees of engagement and allows you to ratchet through techy climbs while also providing instant power as you pedal out of corners. Looking to go wide on your downcountry build? Even XC is going bigger.
- 27mm inner rim width with 32 spokes laced in a 3-cross pattern.
- 6069 aluminum alloy rim. TCS 2.0 tubeless-ready.
- Sapim Secure Lock 14-gauge alloy nipples minimize rotational weight while double butted 2.0/1.8/2.0mm J-bend spokes make replacement a breeze.
- Tubeless tape, Solid Strip and black alloy valves are preinstalled, making the wheels ready for tubeless tires the moment they arrive on your doorstep. The TCS 2.0 Solid Strip is a durable strip that lies beneath the tape, prevents it from sagging at the spoke holes, makes it easier to mount a tire and protects from puncture in the case of a broken spoke.
- 6-bolt rotor mounts.
- Top-tier EZO sealed bearings.
- Rear wheels are available with Shimano Microspline or SRAM XDR driver bodies.
“In my past three years living in the Pacific Northwest, I’ve had the pleasure of riding an average of 40 hours per month. Winter can be quite tough on bike parts with so many of those miles being spent in the wet. Bad components tend to show their weaknesses quite fast in the daily mud wash. WTB Proterra hubs have been a bright spot in my kit – zero need to do anything besides ride.” - Jason Moeschler, 4-time Downieville All-Mountain World Champion
USAGE: XC / Trail
SPECIFICATIONS: (Max spoke tension range: 110-120KgF)
|Wheel Diameter||Position||Spacing||Spoke Holes||Driver Body||Rotor Mount||Inner Rim Width||Rim ERD*||Weight**||Max Rider Weight||Part Number|
*Proterra hub dimensions can be found on our Resources and User Manuals page.
**Proterra wheel weights include the Solid Strip, tubeless tape and valve installed on each wheel.