Horizon brings supple plus-size traction and smooth riding characteristics beyond where the pavement ends. This high-volume 650b tire pairs an all-weather herringbone pattern with parallel grooves to improve cornering traction on crumbling tarmac and increase comfort on hardpack. The Horizon provides deceivingly svelte performance on pavement, with resilience that isn’t shaken by chasing confidants down dusty roads. The Horizon creates a new riding experience, regardless of where your exploits lead you.
SG2 PUNCTURE PROTECTION:
This tire is available with our all-new SG2 Puncture Protection, which is a lightweight nylon insert that provides bead-to-bead coverage and ensures every area of the tire is defended against slashes and punctures. As events become progressively rougher and cyclists pedal farther, gravel gets tougher. It only makes sense for gravel tires to become tougher as well.
- Nylon fibers have a flat profile, which reduces the amount of rubber needed to fill the gaps between fibers and minimizes weight.
- Protected SG2 gravel tires feature a 120tpi casing, which improves suppleness compared to a traditional 60tpi tire.
- SG2 was specifically designed to be a puncture protection layer, but it also improves air retention and eliminates seeping at the sidewall.
- Smooth centerline with herringbone outer tread.
- Rounded profile with vertical channels to enhance cornering characteristics.
- High volume casing enables comfortable ride.
- Dual DNA Compound provides a fast rolling centerline with great corning traction.
USAGE: Adventure Road
CONDITIONS: Pavement / Hardpack
|Size||Level||ETRTO||GMS||Tubeless Compatibility||Casing||Puncture Protection||Weight||Compound||Min-Max Pressure*||Part Number|
|650b x 47mm||
|47-584||47/47||TCS Tubeless||Single-ply 60tpi||n/a||532g||Dual DNA||25-45 psi||
|650b x 47mm||Road TCS (tan)||47-584||47/47||TCS Tubeless||Single-ply 60tpi||n/a||
|Dual DNA||25-45 psi||
|650b x 47mm||TCS Light/Fast Rolling||47-584||47/47||TCS Tubeless||Single-ply 120tpi||SG2||571g||Dual DNA||25-45 psi||W010-0842|
*WTB's tire pressure recommendations have changed over time due to further developments in technology. Riders may always reference the markings on their tires for allowed pressures ranges, but may also consult wtb.com for the most up-to-date tire pressure recommendations from WTB. We calculate pressure recommendations based on an average rider weight of 160-180 lbs and suggest increasing our minimum recommended pressure on WTB.com by 2-3psi for every additional 10 lbs of rider weight. Never exceed the maximum tire pressure marked on a tire.