Proterra Light i23
Proterra Light i23 wheels check all the boxes for a fast and light alloy wheelset. The 23mm inner rim width provides the optimal tire profile for adventure road and gravel tires ranging from 30-42mm. Its open-cavity profile has been optimized to feature thinner walls that its bigger Proterra siblings while still remaining strong and resilient. Subdued graphics on a bead blast finish ensure these wheels won't clash with the colors of your dream bike. We didn't skimp on hubs either. Top-tier EZO bearings, a swift 6-pawl freehub and 3.7 degrees of engagement provide the look, sound and feel you expect of a high-end tubeless wheelset.
- 23mm inner rim width with 28 spokes laced in a 3-cross pattern.
- 6069 aluminum alloy rim. TCS 2.0 tubeless-ready.
- Sapim Secure Lock 14-gauge alloy nipples minimize rotational weight while double butted 2.0/1.8/2.0mm J-bend spokes make replacement a breeze.
- Tubeless tape, Solid Strip and black alloy valves are preinstalled, making the wheels ready for tubeless tires the moment they arrive on your doorstep. The TCS 2.0 Solid Strip is a durable strip that lies beneath the tape, prevents it from sagging at the spoke holes, makes it easier to mount a tire and protects from puncture in the case of a broken spoke.
- Centerlock rotor mounts.
- Rear wheels are available with Shimano HG 11spd or SRAM XDR driver bodies.
"The PNW provides the ultimate testing grounds for bike components, especially hubs. Mud, grit, rinse and repeat become the routine for 9 months out of the year. Nothing is safe from the intrusion of water, yet somehow my Proterra wheels have been trouble-free for the past year and show no signs of letting up any time soon. I'm confident they'll endure many more soggy miles and post-ride washes." - Tester Mark "Donny" Allison after thousands of miles.
USAGE: Adventure Road / Gravel / Cyclocross
SPECIFICATIONS: (Max spoke tension range: 110-120KgF)
|Wheel Diameter||Position||Spacing||Spoke Holes||Driver Body||Rotor Mount||Inner Rim Width||Rim ERD*||Weight**||Max Rider Weight||Part Number|
||28-hole||Shimano HG 11spd
*Proterra hub dimensions can be found on our Resources and User Manuals page.
**Proterra wheel weights include the Solid Strip, tubeless tape and valve installed on each wheel.