WTB is a pioneering bicycle components wholesale supplier founded in 1982 to create parts demanded by the newly invented sport of mountain biking. As the bicycle industry has evolved, so has WTB, often leading the way. Currently located in Mill Valley, with plans to relocate to Novato in the next 6 months, WTB has global production and distribution as well as offices in Taiwan, China and the Czech Republic.
We are looking for a hands-on and enthusiastic Controller to lead our USA Accounting team. You will be responsible for all areas relating to accounting and financial reporting, treasury and cash management, designing and implementing accounting policies, and improving procedures and internal controls.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, financial statements and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Perform Monthly close, including reconciliation of cash and balance sheet accounts.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the company's financial status.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with department managers; continuously collaborate with executive team to assess the financial health of the company.
- Prepare monthly financials and reports for the management group; prepare required certificates and financials for bank financing.
- Coordinate with external CPA for all tax related issues and filings.
- Supervises accounting staff to ensure work is accurate and appropriately distributed; Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources
- Bank compliance reporting.
- Advise staff on the handling of non-routine financial transactions
- S. Accounting, Finance and/or Equivalent related experience
- 5+ years relevant experience executing month end close and related activities in an inventory based, multi channel, (B2B and B2C) business.
- 5+ years involvement in business analytics & reporting: building models, forecasts, conducting analysis of business performance and reconciling results.
- Knowledge of best practices in streamlining AP, AR, budgeting, expense reporting.
- Experience with small/medium business ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite are relevant; SAP Business One a big plus).
- Advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and data-manipulation skills.
- Effective communication skills – both interpersonal and written.
Full time salaried position with benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org